Detox Holliday Spice Latte & Hot Chocolate Delight
'Tis the season.. for indulgences that are less than ideal for a clean celled body! I know I crave a warming creamy treat when the cold starts creeping in… So I came up with a couple of easy recipes that won't set back your efforts, while still satisfying the craving!
Holliday Spice Latte
Brew one cup of Numi Holiday Chai red tea
For “Milk” Blend:
- 1 tbs raw almond butter or 1 handful raw soaked almonds
- 1/2 cup pure water + 1 cup of the brewed red tea
- 10 drops vanilla stevia
- 3 cardamon pods
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh if possible)
- pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1-2 drops natural butterscotch flavor (Frontier brand is good)
Pour through a strainer to remove excess spices and pulp. If you have an espresso machine, pour your “milk” over a shot of espresso, or just brew a strong small cup of coffee. If caffeine isn’t part of your routine anymore, you can simply brew a small cup of red tea! Also if you want to make this even more simple (but a little less clean) you can use store bought unsweetened vanilla almond milk and heat it up with the spices, then pour over holiday tea or coffee, but it’s not as good..
Hot Chocolate Delight
Using store bought almond milk works better for this recipe than it does for the other, so feel free to take the shortcut. If you have a small frother, that will make this recipe extra gourmet!
Heat up in a small pot, on medium-low heat, until it starts steaming:
- 1.5 cups almond milk (home-made or bought)
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder or organic pure cocoa powder
- 2 packets or 10 drops stevia (may adjust according to taste)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg and cinnamon
Froth milk if you can, then top with:
- 1 tbs shaved/grated favorite dark chocolate bar
- pinch of cinnamon
Hope this keeps you warm and comforted through the holidays!