Juice Fast Journal: Day 4 Break-Fast
I had pretty much toyed with the idea of breaking my fast on day 4, that I felt like I was starving all day! I handled it with 20 ounces of mixed veggie juice, herbal tea, staying bussy and taking care of Chris who was suffering through food poisoning for a good part of the day. Around 4pm though, I started prepping for my Break-Fast mini ritual. I cleaned the table, lit a candle, played some soothing music and found my sweet spot through a mini meditation. This is what the rest of the ritual looked like:
- 4:30pm - small bowl of local naturally grown field strawberries
- 4:50pm - peeled locally grown granny smith apple
- 5:00pm - right after finishing apple, a relaxing showing durring which I washed my hair, then dried and styled it (a rare occasion) — in order to stay bussy to avoid going into an overeating disaster. This is the hardest part of a fast: avoiding over-eating when breaking it.
- 5:40pm - got dressed for the movies, and organized some clothing
- 6:00pm - 2 to 3 cups of the Best Smoothie Ever!
- 6:30pm - worked on photos and blog posts
- 7:30pm - small simple salad of: 2 handfuls spinach, 1 small handful sunflower sprouts, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 lemon, 8 cherry tomatos, 2 garlic cloves, pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 8:30pm - starting watching the Avengers
- 8:40pm - whole heartedly enjoyed 5 squares of dark chocolate: 3 Rapunzel, 1 Green and Black, 1 Endangered Species
Then something magical happened: I was satisfied. Done eating, and perfectly content for the rest of the night, and I hadn’t reached my fullness point. I cannot tell you what an accomplishment that was! I am so grateful for my body’s ability to heal, learn and grown.
Best Smoothie Ever:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups raw coconut water
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 15 drops stevia
Cheers to allowing our body to heal, and gently overcoming our addictions!