Hello darling readers!
I completed my 14 Day Sugar-Free Challenge yesterday! WOOOOHH! It seems like the time went by so fast. I thought it was going to be more “tedious”, but it turns out I found much more freedom in the challenge than expected. I purposely loosened up on my “juicing until dinner” routine in order to avoid any extra “incentive” to over-eat at dinner. I indulged in sugarless mid-day smoothies, puddings, avocado and veggie snacks. Putting my usual indulgences on the “avoid as much as possible” list was quite liberating, because I didn’t consider them options which got my creative juices flowing :)
So, here are some of the things I indulged, and partook, in durring the cleanse:
- Vanilla STEVIA sweetened everything: juices; lemonade; dark chocolate treats like the Icy Chocolate Bon-Bons and Choco-Coco Soft-Serve; egg and dairy based deserts such as the Detox Kaiser, crepes, zucchini pancakes and goat yogurt w/goat ricotta; and vegan/veggie desserts such as squash ice-cream and almond butter cup ice cream — it was all very satisfying and comforting while I was missing my dark chocolate bars.
- Gourmet salads and veggilicious dishes, such as: Insalata Italiana and Eggplant Garlic Bread, Japanese Dinner-Entree Salad, “Beet That Craving” Salad and much more :)
- Raw goat cheddar every other day, and the occasional egg or fish ~2,3 times.
- Rockstar gravity colonics, 2X/week at LYT, NYC.
- Morning Pages (mental colonics), on occasion
- Infrared sauna and dry sauna ~3 times
- Sun-lit walks in Central Park, on most days
- Deep-tissue massage and Reiki sessions with Leslie, 2x/week
- Nightly meditations
- oral Hydrogen Peroxide for the 1st week, (which I stopped because my movements disappeared though I was taking a minimal amount)
- Ascended Health Probiotics, every morning, Candex in the afternoon, and Fungal Defense before bed
- facial lymphatic massage, ~4 times/week
I experienced definite improvements in my mood, cravings, taste buds, colonics, skin quality and appearance, clothing fit, and sleep quality! While 14 days is not enough to vanquish a yeast-monster that has been haunting you for years, it’s a great tune-up, and incentive to keep going at a reasonable, sustainable pace for the long haul. Coming off the cleanse I overdid the dark chocolate, and indulged in some fruit. My body was not pleased, but I had to test the waters :). Moving forward, I will keep up with as many of the aspects of the challenge without pushing myself beyond comfort, in order to achieve maximum freedom!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about my experience or undertaking something like this yourself!
With Love, Honesty and Support,
Q: For those of you who embarked on this journey with me, how was it??
(I’m still putting up some of the links so please bear with me!)